Monday, May 17, 2010

powerful

Living in South Carolina for most months out of the year, when I visit Minnesota from the summer, I am always blown away by the beauty. The Greens. The grass and trees. The Blues. The ponds and lakes. The constant chirping of the birds. The clouds that seem you could reach up and touch them. Charleston, SC is at such a low elevation the sky seems so far away. The clouds seem to be never at the horizon, but in Minnesota they litter the sky. Beautifully. Some trees have purple leaves.
To many, you can say "Oh yeah, yeah, I guess that's just the way it is," but it stuns me how much it affects my life. How much the greens and blues and the softness of nature in this region soothes me. It is strangely life changing.

Even in Iowa, which normally I view as a great expanse of cornfields, holds simple but immensely powerful beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers