Monday, March 22, 2010

questions


I believe this to be one of my favorite photographs of all time. I set it as my desktop awhile back and after I had changed it, just kept thinking about it. I scoured the interweb to try and find it again but to no luck. Until I found it under my desktop settings just a moment ago and with some nifty google maneuvering, discovered the name of the photographer. Jeff Luker. It has such a surreal quality to it and that coupled with the homey farm feel and slightly overexposed sun patch is simply perfectismo. The angle at which the boy lays in the sunpatch and the absolutely unexpected and slighly dark quality of his position laying face down tops it off. This photograph asks questions. I feel like that is a quality all great art posesses.

"Light-filtered" in Jeff Luker's Summer Pain's Collection
http://www.jeffluker.com/Site/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers