Monday, June 14, 2010

aware



Can I just tell you all how amazing it is to read books from the 1800s?

I've recently been apassioned with reading Austen, Bronte, and most recently a work by Stendhal called The Charter House of Parma.

I have learned about sensibility, folly, frivolity, charm, grace, disposition, the gaity of the French, and the ability of the beautiful sights around the Italians to melt away any bad thoughts. These among other things.

These authors develop people and look at these characters in a way which we do not pay attention to in this day and age. Maybe it is simply the mass qualities of the people we see about in this world or if we have just become a bland society, I do not know. I do know that these books are slowly and surely making me more aware of others around me and myself. I see this to be a good thing and I appreciate it very much.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Followers